Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Philly Foodie





I visited Reading Terminal Market in Philadelphia with Katie and Carter. It's a huge food market with stalls of fresh produce, large counters of fish and seafood, bakeries, butchers, etc. It's a lot like the Ferry Building in SF, but not pretentious or expensive. (For the record, I love the Ferry Building and visit it often to buy my $15 sliver of Neil's Yard cheese imported from England and $5 organic mini banana cream tart.) I ate my first cheese steak (with the cheese whiz for authenticity) at Rick's and had the most delicious butter almond ice cream at Bassett's. It's rumored that the best soft pretzels are made here, but the stand was closed by the time we got there. Fabulous place!!

I love hanging out with Katie. We always laugh and eat lots of ice cream!

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

I don't know how I found your blog...but I saw the pictures of Reading Terminal and Rick's and I just had to post. My husband graduated from Wharton two years ago and I miss the Philly food so much! Have fun!