Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Family Reunion How To


Thanks for the great feedback about the family reunion in the comments section and in person. Some of you have asked questions about how to make some of the items. I bought the tote bags at target.com and filled them with items mostly from Target. I really lucked out because Target's summer colors this year are aqua and red. I purchased all the paper and envelopes at Paper Source before I even started thinking about the gift bags.

For the guidebook, I typed up accumulated information from friends, research, and highlights from guide books into a word doc. I used downloaded fonts (Airstream, Fashion Victim, and Eurostile) from dafont.com. To finish the book, I punched three holes using a mini hole punch, stuck in color coordinated brads also from Paper Source and scored the length of the book on both sides with a bone folder so it would open easily. The brads will only work for small projects. Our book was about 20 double sided pages. The palm tree is simply a stamp and Robin's Egg Blue ink, also available through Paper Source.

Did I cover all the questions? I'm happy to answer any other questions you have.

No comments: