Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Instant Party


One of the easiest ways to entertain by far is with a good cheese plate. I was recently in charge of refreshments at a church function for 250 expected guest. One hour of shopping and one hour of set-up later, et voile, 250 happy guests.

The party was part of a anniversary celebrating local history so I used some of my favorite local cheeses - Cowgirl Creamery's Mt. Tam, Cypress Grove's Humboldt Fog, and Point Reyes Original Blue. I placed the cheese on large square platters and piled high mounds of grapes and crackers. All of the cheese was gone by the end of the night, so not only was there no cooking involved, but there was also very little clean-up.

1 comment:

michelle said...

You did such a great job. I also could immediately recognize that you did it. It had that Rachel touch.